General Counsel For Businesses and Not-For-Profits
The Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen provides general counsel services to not for profit entities, including business associations and charter schools in New Jersey. We offer experienced counsel on matters from real estate and re-zoning matters, employment, contract formation, corporate policies, and the resolution of business and commercial disputes. Our firm tailors services to meet the interests and needs of its clients.
If you are a business and don’t have your own full-time general counsel or legal department, but expect questions about complying with state and federal law, regulatory compliance, labor or employment law matters, contract reviews and enforcement, licensing or administrative law questions, you may find it beneficial to contact us for general counsel services. It is more cost effective to get advice up front, than it is to wait and get into trouble and then seek counsel.
Our philosophy in providing general counsel services is to learn and understand your business model, so that we will be able to give sound legal advice that furthers your business plans. Unless it is impossible, we always strive to provide legally sound alternative means to reach your business goals: our job is not just to tell you that there is a legal barrier on the road you want to travel, but to try to map alternative legal strategies to meet your ultimate goals.
Services Provided for Not-for-Profit Organizations
The Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen have substantial experience in a range of issues involving formation, fundraising, taxation, liability, employment and property use pertinent to not-for-profit organizations. Our firm applies professionalism and sensitivity to the representation of publicly-supported organizations and private foundations conscious of the public relations impact of litigation.
Our billing arrangements are designed to offer cost-effective services at competitive rates. For entities of all sizes and in all realms, we provide the following services:
- Choosing the right structure of operation (e.g., limited liability company (LLC), corporation, DBA, partnership)
- Business formation and dissolution
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Real estate matters, including leases
- Partnership agreements, joint venture agreements and strategic alliance agreements
- Negotiation and preparation of deal term sheets, LLC operating agreements and shareholder agreements
- Commercial leasing, financings and closings
- NDAs and confidentiality agreements (non-disclosure agreements or confidential business information agreements), non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Internet and technology related agreements and other agreements;
- Formation of tax-exempt not-for-profit companies (e.g. 501(c)(3));
- Contractual disputes (including collections and enforcement of obligations)
- S. asset purchase and/or investment (so foreign investors can avoid estate/gift tax, and minimize their income taxes)
- Global business advice
In today’s volatile marketplace, it is important for businesses to have trusted legal counsel at the ready to address legal challenges and help maximize opportunities as they arise. As general counsel, The Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen offer an exceptional degree of availability, responsiveness, accountability and clear communication.
Contact The Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen to assist you in all your business ventures. We provide general counsel services to Businesses and Not-for-Profit organizations throughout New Jersey.